30 The apostles returned to Jesus and told him all that they had done and taught. 31 And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. 32 And they went away in the boat to a desolate place by themselves. 33 Now many saw them going and recognized them, and they ran there on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them. 34 When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. And he began to teach them many things. 35 And when it grew late, his disciples came to him and said, “This is a desolate place, and the hour is now late. 36 Send them away to go into the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.” 37 But he answered them, “You give them something to eat.” And they said to him, “Shall we go and buy two hundred denarii worth of bread and give it to them to eat?” 38 And he said to them, “How many loaves do you have? Go and see.” And when they had found out, they said, “Five, and two fish.”
A child offered the five loaves and two fish to Lord Jesus. We know very little about him and his parents. The setting of this miracle was in the wilderness. Thousands of people came and went; all were eager to hear the teachings of Jesus and sought healing from Him! They walked a long way from the villages to the wilderness to find Him! It was impossible for this child to travel such a long way to the wilderness by himself. The villages in Galilee were all poor and despised. How could a poor village child bring five barley loaves and two fish by himself? Who prepared the food for this child?
If you were the child’s parent, what would you say to him?
- Let’s go up the mountain to the wilderness to find Jesus!
- Be careful! Don’t let robbers take your food!
- Take good care of yourself first, and share with others after you have enough.
- Jesus and his disciples need food, take it to Jesus!
- Give all you have to the Lord Jesus!
Many parents want their children to be abundant materialistically and live a happy life.
How about you?
- Would you like your child to experience Jesus Christ in their life! Dedicate their life to the Lord?
- Are you willing to leave your agenda and accompany them to the wilderness to seek Jesus?
- Are you willing to prepare an offering for him?
- Would you like her to put the needs of the Lord Jesus above their own?
- Are you willing to dedicate your child’s life to the Lord?
When I go back to the heavenly home, I really want to meet this child and his parents!
Dear Heavenly Father, thanks for giving me the child! Help me to be the loyal steward in bringing up the child! Let him/her prioritize your wants over his/her wants. Help me to spend quality time walking with him/her in the journey of seeking you! Help me to prepare him/her to serve you and offer to you! Take his/her hand and bless him/her!